Save a dollar, spend a penny!

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Grocery Challenge Day #6

Yesterday was day #6 of my grocery challenge!!! I think I will make it. However, I do have a slight change. I am not going to count when we get popcorn, my girls go with a friend somewhere and buy a snack, etc. That wasn't my intention. My intention was to lower my weekly grocery bill. So, I am going to add the $10 back in from the popcorn this week. Therefore, my total is $17.56. Last night I spent $19.00 at Dillon's. My new total is $36.56. I bought the following: bag of salad, 12 boxes of General Mills cereal, box of Cheese Nips, three 1/2 gallon cartons of ice cream, and a box of Hormel turkey. I saved 73% of my bill. For breakfast we had toast, cantaloupe or cereal. Lunch was turkey sandwiches. Dinner was salad, Italian shells and cheese, cheesy garlic bread, and cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment